I thought that i would reblog this article that i wrote when i first started this blog. It is to do with my Aunty Frances. She was probably the largest influence in my life to date. She has been gone for such a long time now and it really sucks not to have her by my side patting my back along my journey of life. I miss her. Just thought i’d share it with you all. ❤
G’day all just a short blog to give you my tips on going for an interview for a job. I’m sorry that i have been writing really short articles for you all lately. I have been really busy trying to get everything organised for when i go back to university. Like i have written in previous articles, time management is the key.
So i just want to give you a few helpful tips i have come to learn over the years when sitting down for an interview. At a later date i will go into more detail with each of these tips, but for now enjoy the list i have compiled for you all.
If you have any tips for interviews you would like to add, or any experiences you have had with interviews, please feel free to comment on this article!
Did you like reading this article? Well then why not like the StickertyClick Facebook page? Just search “StickertyClick” in your search bar!
- Always always always turn up early for an interview. NEVER rock up late
- Always dress for success. If you look, appear and smell nice, you are bound to act the same. A nice shirt and black skirt always does the trick for me
- COVER ANY TATTOO’S YOU HAVE! I have tattoo’s on both my wrists, lower forearm and all over my stomach and what i have found is that if i do not cover them, then i do not get the job. So, it is better to play it safe then sorry.
- Always come prepared with some background knowledge of the job you are going for and the background of the organisation. Even if you are an internal employee going for a promotion
- Always thank the person interviewing you for taking the time out of their day to see you and to give you the opportunity to tell them why you are the perfect person for the job.
- BELIEVE, you are the best person for the position that the company has to offer. I strongly believe that if you know in your heart that this is the job for you, then it will shine out through everything you have to say
- Always bring a copy of your resume with you to an interview. I always like to bring my folder of certificates with me to show an employer.
- Be calm when you are in your interview. Just act like you are having a conversation.
- EYE CONTACT- Always look at the person talking to you, eye contact shows you are serious about the position.
- Ask questions when they ask you if you have any. I have sometimes asked and sometimes have not. In my personal experience i find asking questions is always the best thing to do because it shows you are serious about the position that they have to offer.
Will add more later 🙂
“An individual whom chooses to start a business should consider it as not something that will make you money, give you success or fame etc. They should consider it a life choice that they stick to, it should be a choice that gets them up in the morning and gives them the drive to do anything and everything they can to make a difference to this world. Once you achieve that difference, this is the reward for your dedication” — Midge Mc’Sticky
Well, only a short blog post today. I wanted to write something to keep me motivated to achieving my goals. I wanted to give myself the boost that my hard work will pay off. I don’t believe that the mindset of making money is the key to starting a business, i believe that making a difference is the real key. I hope that this quote i have formulated assists all of my fellow dream chasers. Goodnight my friends ❤